All of us have to face the experiences of worry, unbelief, sin and death. These are inevitable in life. But the power of resurrection certainly make all the difference in facing the above mentioned experiences. Philippians 3:10 reads, "that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection ..."
THE POWER OF RESURRECTION DESTROYS WORRY
Jesus asked Mary, "Woman, why are you weeping?" (John 20:15) Mary wept for three reasons.
- She thought she had lost her Savior. We often worry about losing things, loved ones and opportunities.
- She was lonely. Sometimes loneliness can be depressing.
- She was wearied by her seeking and searching. We also are tired of seeking, searching and not finding.
But the resurrected Lord can destroy our worry by HIS PRESENCE, HIS PROMISES (WORDS) AND HIS PLANS as He did for Mary.
THE POWER OF RESURRECTION DESTROYS UNBELIEF OR DOUBT
Jesus said to Thomas, "Be not faithless, but believing..." (John. 20:27) Thomas doubted because he was not in the company of the other disciples. He would not believe unless he touched everything firsthand. But his unbelief robbed him of joy, and he struggled a lot for about eight days. His doubt was destroyed when Jesus Himself appeared to him as a special case. Jesus pronounced PEACE to him. Jesus alleviated his doubts by TOUCH. Jesus said, " Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." John 20:29
THE POWER OF RESURRECTION DESTROYS THE POWER OF SIN
I Peter 1:3,4 says, " Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to His abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead..." Here is what sin does to us:
- Puts us under slavery (John 8:34)
- Separates us from God ( Isaiah 59:1,2)
- Steals our joy ( Psalm.51:12)
- Brings guilt on us (Psalm.51:3)
- Removes our confidence (I John 3:19-21)
- Brings physical damage (Psalm.38:1-3)
- Causes ache in the soul (Psalm 32:3-5)
- Opens the door to other sins (Isaiah.30:1)
- Produces fear (Proverbs.28:1)
- Breaks God's heart (Ephesians 4:30)
Praise God that the power of Resurrection reverses all the effects of sin.
THE POWER OF RESURRECTION DESTROYS THE POWER OF DEATH
The Bible says in I Corinthians 15:26 "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death." But Jesus won victory over death. I Corinthians 15:55 says, "O death, where is your victory death, where is your sting?" I Corinthians 15:57 "But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." Billy Graham said, " Do not believe if someone said that I died. No, do not believe it, I will have only my address changed." All of us should have such a confidence as Billy Graham did. Praise God that we will be in our permanent home in heaven when we leave this world. The Resurrection of Jesus has given us this hope.
PRAYER :- Thank you Lord, for I can overcome worry, doubt, sin and death because of your resurrection of Jesus Christ. Amen.