Certainly Christmas is a time of decorations, singing carols, exchanging greetings and gifts. Christmas surely means more than these celebrations. It means a great message. Without this great message of Christmas, all the other celebrations may go futile. Let us ponder as to what Paul did with this message of Christmas.
I am a Debtor
“I am a debtor both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to wise and to unwise.” (Rom. 1:14) Friends, we are obligated to spread this great news to all countries, colors, creeds and classes. During this season let us examine ourselves to know how far we are fulfilling this task.
I am Ready to Preach
“I am ready to preach the gospel” (Rom. 1:15) Paul was always ever ready to preach the Christmas message. Have we ever refused or been reluctant to share this Christmas message? We got to be ready to preach and share whether it is a day or night.
I am Not Ashamed
“I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes…” (Rom. 1:16) Paul took it as a pride to share, and he never felt humiliated nor embarrassed. We should never feel uncomfortable to share this Christmas message. This message is very clear which says that Jesus Christ came into this world to save sinners like you and me.
Dear Lord, help me to realize my responsibility during Christmas and in the New Year, too. Amen.
Praises and Prayer Needs
- We had a wonderful celebration for 120 pastors and evangelists in Chennai covering two areas.
- Pray for the marriage of Muthu Kumar, our teacher in the Bible college with Beulah, our staff on 18th.
- Pray for the big celebration we will have on 19th and 20th at Mount Zion for over 1500 people. Pray for all the preparations.
- On 21st we will have a dedication and thanksgiving service at Mount Zion.
- Let me thank you to those who sent me encouragement and greeting cards.
- Pray specifically for this week we might plan to launch into Manipur with our evangelists.
- Pray for the staff and students team that will be going into the remote villages in the areas of Kavali, Kanigiri and Nellore of Andhra state starting from 22nd through 4th of Jan. This team will involve preaching of the gospel day and night in villages. Pray for this effort. We aim to cover 100 villages.